- Plan a Perfect Week
- San Francisco Tours
- Wine Country Tours
- Silicon Vly/San Jose
- Tours with more than 6
We can pick you up anywhere within 90 minutes’ drive of San Francisco—at your home, hotel, ship's terminal, or the airport!
...Or E-Mail: email@example.com
The Enchantment of Monterey & Carmel-by-the-Sea
- Spectacular Seventeen-Mile Drive, its dramatic views of the ocean, plus otters, pelicans...whales?
- The world-class Monterey Bay Aquarium or historic Old Town…or not
- The storybook village of Carmel-by-the-Sea, its hundred art galleries and one-of-a-kind shops
- The Lodge at Pebble Beach, its renowned golf course
- Pacific Grove (home of the monarch butterfly), its beautiful oceanfront boulevard and Victorian cottages
- 245-year-old Spanish Mission & museum (gravesite of newly sainted Father Serra)
- Early Dinner*** at Clint Eastwood's Mission Ranch resort in Carmel or at the renowned Pacific Edge restaurant: both have truly unforgettable vistas of the Ocean
- Big Sur's fabled panoramas and the unforgettable McWay Falls— optional Add-On's
- Multi-Day Tour Option: Stay overnight in Carmel, Monterey, Pebble Beach or Big Sur village. This option allows for more time at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, in the galleries and upscale shops of Carmel-by-the-Sea, at the wineries of Carmel Valley, for a leisurely dinner or brunch, for hiking along the coast, learning more about John Steinbeck, the Salad Bowl of the World or the pre-Gold Rush history of California...so many ways to re/create!
Why Go with Us to Monterey & Carmel?
Why tour the Monterey Peninsula with A Friend in Town and not just rent a car or take the big bus tour? Because driving yourself, you need to focus on the road (2 winding lanes in some places), not the scenery. The big buses can't go some places and rush you everywhere else. We show you the off-the-beaten-path places most visitors miss, let you determine our pace and choose where we lunch...helping you remember that you're on vacation, minimizing your stress, maximizing your enjoyment.
“Best and the most remarkable part of my California Trip”
“Thank you for bringing us such a wonderful trip. Honestly the day-tour to Monterey and Carmel turned out to be the best and the most remarkable part of my California trip. The tour was just perfect! I will never forget the breathtaking scenery. …And thank you for explaining everything to us.”
– Forrest C., Vancouver & Hong Kong
Our Monterey & Carmel Itinerary
A "storybook hamlet in a forest" with eighty art galleries, a great aquarium, world-famous golf courses, an historic and uniquely beautiful Spanish mission church, otters playing in the surf, trees shaped by the wind…a region celebrated by native son John Steinbeck…you don't want to leave the Bay Area without experiencing the Monterey Peninsula. We usually include an hour's drive down to the iconic Bixby Bridge, stopping several times for spectacular vistas, then returning to Carmel so that you have time to explore it on your own.
Extended or multi-day tours can include other destinations:
“Far and above the best.”
“This was our first time in San Francisco, and we had also booked other tours in addition to you. To be honest, you were far and above the best, and we ended up wishing that we had used you more than we did. …I need to compliment you on your professionalism, courteousness, extensive knowledge, and engaging manner.”
– Tim L. (Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania)
Call: 510-619-3619Reserve Your Tour