- Plan a Perfect Week
- San Francisco Tours
- Wine Country Tours
- Silicon Vly/San Jose
- Tours with more than 6
We can pick you up anywhere within 90 minutes’ drive of San Francisco—at your home, hotel, ship's terminal, or the airport!
Santa Cruz'in: Wine Tasting in the Santa Cruz Mountains
You're staying in Silicon Valley or San Jose and have a free afternoon. Or you're staying in San Francisco, have been north to Napa and Healdsburg before, and now are curious about the up and coming Santa Cruz Mountains wine-making region. It has dozens of tasting rooms, several with beautiful views of the surrounding forest. And for those that don't, we visit the tasting rooms in dynamic downtown Santa Cruz that pour wines from nearly every winery in the area. David Bruce, Storr, Ridge, Loma Prieta and Thomas Fogarty are among wineries for strong consideration; www.thesantacruzexperience.com lists many wineries with pictures and wine lists.
So your itinerary can include whatever you have time for:
- Wine Tasting of excellent mountain-grown wines
- Lunch in an unique village
- The Surfers' Museum, next to where they hold the annual Mavericks competition
- The great Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk with its “Giant Dipper” wooden roller-coaster, arcades and sandy shore
- A ride on a steam-powered antique train
- 200-year-old Spanish mission churches
- A century-old Japanese garden or the spectacular Filoli estate
- Stanford University
- The one-of-a-kind seaside village of Capitola-by-the Sea …even Santa Cruz’ famous Mystery Spot.
What’s the difference between our Beaches tour and our Santa Cruz Mountains tour? The focus in the Mountains is on wine. Why not just go to Napa or Sonoma? Those world-famous wine regions are 2½ hours and more from San Jose and Silicon Valley, while Santa Cruz’ mountain wineries are next door. Why not save money by driving yourself there? Because driving buzzed on mountain roads is something to be avoided at all costs. Call us to plan a relaxed half- or full day of discovery.
What will it COST?
Because each tour is designed to fit your interests, our fees vary. Basically you pay by the number of hours in your itinerary. We do not add the fuel surcharges, "license fees," "tax" and mandatory gratuities that many other companies do.
|FEE||Average Duration||Additional Costs
(paid to vendors)
|Gratuity||Add'l Hours||Minimum Duration||Minimum Fee|
|$630*||8–9h||Entrance Fees, Lunch||**||$60 ea||7-8h||$530|
* Not per-person
* These fees are for couples, groups of up to 6 people or solo travelers. For groups of 7 to 25 (whereby we charter a minibus), please ask for a quote.
** A gratuity is customary and will be appreciated, but is not required. Please note that if you are being referred by a Travel Agent, s/he may add a commission (fee for finding and making arrangements with us) to your total.
Call: 510-619-3619Reserve Your Tour